Skip dessert? No way!
By making the right food choices, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health (or waistline).
Here are a few quick and simple healthy dessert ideas for weight loss:
- Broiled Fruit Kebabs. Looking for a new way to enjoy fresh fruit? Try making fruit kebabs. Start by cutting fruit into cubes — mango, pineapple, cantaloupe or pear are great choices. Slide the cubed fruit onto wooden skewers, and then sprinkle the kebabs with brown sugar. Place them on a baking sheet and broil for about two minutes on each side.
- Yogurt and Fruit. Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, protein and probiotics — “good” bacteria that help crowd out harmful microorganisms that can cause intestinal infections. Top it up with a handful of antioxidant-rich berries.
- Trail Mix. Mix raw nuts, seeds, unsweetened fruit and dark chocolate for a tasty and nutrient-rich energy boost.
- Banana Gelato. Can you make a creamy, healthy and delicious dessert with just one ingredient? You bet! To make banana gelato, peel two bananas and cut them into small pieces. Place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer overnight. Blend the frozen bananas in a blender or food processor until they produce a rich, creamy texture.
- Cinnamon Oranges. A Moroccan specialty, this cinnamon, orange and honey blend is best served in the winter when oranges are in season. To make it, peel two or three oranges, slice them into quarter-inch thick slices, and place them on a plate or serving platter. Combine two tablespoons of honey and two teaspoons of cinnamon in a bowl, and drizzle the mixture over the oranges.
Have any other dessert ideas for weight loss? Let us know in the comments!